[Qgis-developer] GRASS GUI Ideas (was Re: excuse for update troubles)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 22 12:05:14 EST 2007

Hi Leonardo

No problem keep up the great work! If you are unsure of anything, just
ask first here on the list. I had a look through the grass toolbox and
the list of supported GRASS functions is looking very impressive so
well done for all that work.

By the way I put together CODING document in (svn trunk top level of
qgis checkout) that newly granted committers should probably have a
read though.

Grass Notes:
--------------------------

Before we release 1.0 I would like to make some changes to that
toolbox to add a category and filter box something like this
screenshot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2054596971/

The mockup list entries themselves would like more like the entries in
this screenshot from kde:

http://www.kde.org/announcements/visual_guide_images-3.5/kicker-applets.png

In other words it would be like my mockup but each tool entry would
have its icon on left, the tool title in bold and then the brief
description underneath. The toolbox would have an 'all' category where
all modules would be visible and then other categories in common with
the current nodes in the GRASS toolbox tree.

The rest of the grass tools would remain unchanged for now (though I
do have some other ideas for further improvements to the toolbox ui
that I will bring up later).

What do people think?

Best regards

Tim