[Qgis-developer] python bindings, shapefile creation : attributes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:52:16 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 6:29 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Martin indeed these are very nice docs. How would you feel about me
> moving them into the developers manual (CODING.t2t) I am compiling -
> they would make a great addition and from their would work their way
> into the pdf docs etc. Also people checking out the qguis sources will
> be able to use them without having to go online to read the wiki.

Hi Tim.

I don't mind if you put it to the developers' manual, but I would
prefer to leave it on wiki and just include a link to wiki. in the
CODING.t2t file. The reason is that it I've started to put there some
useful code snippets which eventually may be something like QGIS API
introduction. However there are many (important) pieces still missing
like handling raster layers, using renderers, symbology etc and
everything that's related to gui library. Also from my point of view
it's easier to maintain it at one place rather than trying to keep
them both in synchronization. Well and moinmoin has nice python
highlighting :)

Martin