[Qgis-developer] PyQgis on Windows

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:19:27 EDT 2007

Hi Tisham,

I'm wondering what's the reason of "replacing some PyQt4 binaries with
compatible ones" ...?

You also write that shipping with PyQt4 makes the package very
bloated. Do you include full binary installer from the pyqt download
page (i.e. PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.3.1-1.exe) ? It would suffice to install
just stuff that's in Python's site-packages directory: sip.pyd,
sipconfig.py and the whole PyQt4 dir.

Martin