[Qgis-developer] usability enhancements for georeferencer plugin

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat Oct 20 10:12:01 EDT 2007

Hi devs,

I made some usability enhancements to the georeferencer for a project where it
was important to georeference a large number of image files after each other.
For this task, it is not very convenient to always arrange georef point
dialog and qgis main window for each image. Therefore one of the changes is
that the dialog to enter the referenced points is always open. Also, there is
a button that automatically arranges qgis main window and the two
georeferencer dialogs on one screen. To save space, the description has been
moved into a separate dialog.

This changes have been done for qgis 0.8.1 at first. I ported them to the
current developer version and incorporated the few changes that have been
made in georeferencer 0.9. You'll find the tarball on:
http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/georeferencer.tgz

Please have a look at the modified plugin and tell me if you like to have
those changes in svn. If yes, I'm gonna commit to the repository.

Best regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler