[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS 0.9 using Microsoft Express 2005

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:25:10 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

maybe you have something wrong with path to flex and bison - the lexer
and parser .cpp files have been created or not? (or check whether
you're not missing some DLLs in PATH they need)

I've been able to build and run QGIS with David's patch some time ago,
but I didn't apply it so far to SVN as some things happened to be
still unresolved (and I didn't have time to investigate it further):
- I had problems to apply the patch on linux due some mismatch of
windows and linux line endings
- I couldn't compile QGIS with MinGW with this patch (some problems
with QgsApplication)

But I think we really should sort out the things and make possible to
build QGIS with MSVC without troubles - since next Qt open source
versions will support it too.

Regards
Martin