[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS 0.9 using Microsoft Express 2005

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Sep 28 11:40:22 EDT 2007

Hi Guys

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlinux/1453754560/

Thats running build with MSVC express. Many thanks for all the help
and especially for Davids great patch. David I committed a small fix
so that the icons etc are found properly so the assert issue is
resolved for me. Its in trunk if you svn update....

There are a number of small issues during the build process I would
like to try to get sorted out - Ill probably make a list next week and
post it here for suggestions to possible fixes.

Best Regards

Tim

2007/9/27, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:
> Hi
>
> Ok thanks for the tips - Ill try poke around with it a bit more tomorrow.
>

> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2007/9/27, lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk <lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk>:
> > > Ok forget what I said about missing .ll :-) I managed to get core to
> > > build by copying in the parser.cpp from my mac build tree....would
> > > still be nice to know how to get msvc express to do this automagically
> > > though....
> >
> > I've had a look at the qgis_core project in MSVC. In the CMake Rules 'folder'
> > there should be an entry for qgssearchstringparser.cpp.rule. Right click this
> > and select properties. Hopefully under Custom Build Setup --> General there
> > should be a command line that uses bison to turn qgssearchstringparser.yy
> > into qgssearchstringparser.cpp. Not sure how to fix it if this is missing.
> > All the flex and bison stuff just worked for me. I'm using bison version
> > 2.1.2149.21847 that came with the GnuWin bundle. I'm currently building from
> > svn just now. I'll let you know how it goes...
> >
> > David
> >

> --
> Tim Sutton
> QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
> Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
> openModeller Desktop Developer
> Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
> niche modelling tool