[Qgis-developer] patch for qgsrasterlayer.cpp

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Sep 28 13:11:45 EDT 2007

Hi Marco

Thanks! There are actually many places we can optimise things. For one
when we have a separate renderer class for each renderer type, we can
avoid a lot of switches...

Peter is now 'Raster Master' so I will defer the patch to him (if
thats ok Peter?).

Regards

Tim

2007/9/28, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> Hi Peter and Tim,
>
> While sitting in the train, I plaied a bit around with the methods
> QgsRasterLayer::drawPallettedMultiBandColor and
> QgsRasterLayer::drawMultiBandColor. I think that some multiplications and
> comparison in the inner loop, which is executed appr. 800000 times during
> each redraw, can be avoided or moved outside the loop. Especially,
> QgsRasterLayer::drawPallettedMultiBandColor was much faster on my PC
> afterwards.
>
> Attached the patch. Please review and test, if I didn't break any existing
> functionality.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>

> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Institute of Cartography
> ETH Zurich
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee
> marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch

--
Tim Sutton
openModeller Desktop Developer