[Qgis-user] Re: AW: [Qgis-developer] "Fix problems with incorectly filled polygons"issues

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 10:24:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

>  I would say it is like this (afaik at least on X11):
>
>  FPWIFP on = QPixmap = rendering on graphics card
>  MLALJ on = QImage + antialiasing = software rendering
>  both off = QImage without antialiasing = software rendering

AFAIK - with FPWIFP on and thus drawing with QPixmap, this means
rendering using X server (resp. Windows or Mac backend) - so this
doesn't necesarily means rendering directly on graphics card,
especially on X server it would depend on extensions that are running
and the graphics driver.

Martin