[Qgis-developer] Building universal binary on Leopard for Tiger

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 23:37:11 EDT 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2008, at 7:33 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:
>
>> I assume there must be something in the main method that pull in the
>> IOKit headers, but I don't know why it fails.
>
> More likely some from Qt.  Which version are you using?

This appears to be a CMake bug in the root CMakeLists.txt caused by FIND_LIBRARY(APP_SERVICES_LIBRARY ApplicationServices).

If you add the prefix /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk to the path
APP_SERVICES_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework
in CMakeCache.txt, the IOKit header errors go away. CMake adds the path to CXX_FLAGS using -F; this seems to turn the boot /System/Library into another directory to search before the -sysroot paths.

Tom