Re [Qgis-developer] Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 4 09:56:23 EDT 2008

[Cc trimmed to list]

Hi Marco,

On Mon, 04. Aug 2008 at 13:51:59 +0200, Hugentobler  Marco wrote:
> So in short: Yes, this check is needed. QGIS won't crash if it is not
> there, but user might be confused when doing a split that creates a
> cut edge.

Thanks for the clarification.

> It might be best to query GEOSversion to see if getCutEdges is
> supported. The bug that arises if the call isn't done is not critical
> and will be outdated after some time.

I think that will generate link errors.  I'd prefer to simply use the
preprocessor symbols.

> I think it will be good to let the geos c-api patch be tested by other
> developers for let's say one week before applying it to trunk. I'm
> going to give you feedback once I did some tests with it.

Ok.  I already ran the geometry tests and intended to extend them to
identify each bug found.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden