[Qgis-developer] Cleaning up stdout for 1.0.0 and qgsmaprender renaming.

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 4 16:11:54 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

Over the weekend I made some changes to QGIS to reduce the amount of
console spam (even in debug mode). It would be great to ship 1.0.0
with a lot of the junk removed that currently goes to stdout.  The
results of my efforts so far look like this:

http://rafb.net/p/mxvM3J57.html

There are some more in the above that I'd like to get rid of. IMHO
users running release mode QGIS should just see the plugin and
provider check list and any critical error message we would like to
convey to them via the console. For users with debug build much of the
stuff on qgsdebug is leftover from the development cycle of various
classes (e.g. in ctor now, running method foo now, in dtor now etc).
In most cases I just comment out QgsDebugMsg and similar lines. I'd
like to commit these changes but thought I'd ask if anyone deeply
cares about having a more verbose QGIS.

Secondly, I have renamed the improperly named qgsmaprender (verb) to
qgsmaprenderer (noun) in my sources and would like to commit that. It
may affect merging branches in a little, but I dont think by any means
difficult to resolve.

However in the interests of not interfering with the work of others I
thought I'd annouce my intentions here and if anyone has issue let me
know in the next 24 hours or so. 46k diff attached for the curious.

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
Blog: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net