[Qgis-developer] Print composer - Scalebar in doesn't display decimal points?

icosa atropa icos.atropa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:08:46 EDT 2008

I took a peek at trac, and didn't see this particular bug.

Using a scalebar with units like degrees in a sub-degree scale map
proved impossible - the scale bar gets labelled 0--0--0 degrees.  I
used On-The-Fly projection to go from a GCS to PCS and tried the
scalebar again, and yes it works with, say, 1--2--3 km.

Except for, say, segment size = 2500 (meters), number of segments = 2,
mapunits per scalebar unit = 1000 (meters / km), unit label = km.
Then we get the ever-amusing 0--2--5 km.  So, it seems like qgis
should either reject non-integer ( segment size / mapunits per
scalebar ) or display some float-precision (user defined?) labels
rather than asserting that 2+2=5 :)

christian
--
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often
vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always