[Qgis-developer] http proxy support

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Aug 17 18:38:00 EDT 2008

2008/8/15 Barry Rowlingson <b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk>:
> 2008/8/15 Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:
>
>> No setApplicationProxy as I have written it in qgisapp is for http
>> proxying not socks and as far as I know its working for proxy users
>> using e.g. wms plugin, wfs plugin etc.

 The wfs plugins and providers use QgsHttpTransaction which does an
explicit setProxy on its QHttp object. Code that uses QHttp directly
(e.g. Borys' plugin installer) needs to call setProxy itself. This
shouldn't be too hard to fix (might have a go myself tomorrow...it's
late now!).

 I still think the Qt proxying is confusing, and that note about "not
setting a caching server as an application proxy server or you break
stuff" is worrying. They need to separate the networking proxying from
web caching proxying.

 There's no python binding for QgsHttpTransaction at the moment...

Barry