[Qgis-developer] printing branch ready for testing

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Sat Aug 23 16:57:56 EDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Good. I'm going to move the files into the corresponding dirs before
> merging
> the branch to trunk.
>
> Regards,
> Marco

Marco,

I just built rev 9137 on OS X, and that went fine. I am trying to test
the composer. Some things I can report:

The 'Export as Image' button does not seem to do anything for me.

Exporting to svg works, but fonts scale much larger than they appear
in the composer (this might be something you never touched, not sure).

Printing the composer image crashes qgis when I select 'Preview' in
the OS X print dialog (this basically sends the image to Preview.app,
OS X's image viewing software, rather than to a physical device).
Oddly, printing to a physical device worked. Choosing Save as PDF
under the PDF drop-down in the OS X print dialog also causes a crash.

I still have problems with the add map image tool not doing anything
in the composer canvas. Just now, I opened print composer, clicked add
new map, drew my bounding box and nothing happened. No map item, no
frame on the screen. After adding a legend, the add new map tool worked.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you troubleshoot
these issues.

Thanks,
John