[Qgis-developer] [NOTICE] Important notice before you perform your next svn update

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Aug 23 18:52:02 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

Now that Marcos composer changes are in, Jurgen and I have been
committing some more sweeping changes to svn. If you have uncommitted
work you may encounter issues if you update since the committed
changes include formatting updates. Before you update I suggest you:

* svn status to get a list of locally modified files
* backup modified files
* svn revert all changed files
* svn update
* overwrite files that have been modified from your backup
* run scripts/astyle.sh on the overwritten files e.g.

scripts/astyle.sh src/app/qgisapp.cpp src/app/qgisapp.h

Linux users can install astyle from apt (sudo apt-get install astyle).

As a general practive it would also be good if you can run the
astyle.sh on source code before committing it to ensure it remains
compliant with the QGIS coding guidelines. At some stage in the future
we will probably implement an automated solution for this (script that
checks out QGIS sources nightly, applies astyle to the code and
commits any changes back).

A reminder that tomorrow is slated to be the start of feature freeze -
there are a few more things to go in - Tom's menu updates and I have a
few minor things to add. Ill be trying to not put off the feature
freeze if it can be helped, but if anyone has need of more time please
let me know.

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net