[Qgis-developer] deselecting features - last minute API change?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Dec 1 19:41:43 EST 2008

Hi,
We can freely add vector features to selection (as well with gui as api) but
can't deselect any feature. It's not a problem for plugins - they can remove
selection and select again. But the problem is bigger for user who wants to
select "all except something" or just has selected one bridge too far. I can
imagine a number of future plugins dependent on manually selected features,
so the ability of deselecting features is quite important.

The reason is that we haven't any 'QgsVectorLayer::deselect' method. We have
the following:

QgsVectorLayer::select (in various variants)
QgsVectorLayer::invertSelection
QgsVectorLayer::removeSelection

So it seems naturally to add also 'deselect'. Is there any reason for what it
is not implemented yet? If none, can I implement it before 1.0.0? We can wait
with gui behaviour changing for 1.0.1, but it would be good to have at least
the methods ready in the 1.0.0 API.

Regards,
B.