[Qgis-developer] plugin toolbars and docks state is not being saved

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Dec 2 18:14:04 EST 2008

State of plugin toolbars and docks is never being saved. It's annoying, looks
bad and affects for example:
- GRASS toolbar placement
- order of plugin docks groupped as tabs
- GetCoordinates visibility when the dock is floating
- Value Tool visibility at all

It's because all plugins are being unloaded before seving main window state
(qgisapp.cpp, line 1742):

void QgisApp::saveWindowState()
{
  QgsPluginRegistry::instance()->unloadAll();
  QSettings settings;
  settings.setValue( "/UI/state", this->saveState() );

Is there any reason for unloading them before saving the state? If not, I
would swap te sequence. At mine everything works fine, even if I'm trying to
confuse QGIS by removing plugins before next start.