[Qgis-developer] icons

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Dec 5 16:58:59 EST 2008

Hi Robert

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 00:06 +0100, Robert Szczepanek wrote:
> Hi Tim and QGIS team,
>
> Updated icon set ready for download.
> http://robert.szczepanek.pl/icons.php

Look great!

> Where should I look for plugin icons?
> I made GPS and WFS ones but have no idea where thy are located.

The plugin icons live under src/plugins/foo (each plugin manages its own
icon). 'Core' plugins are all those that exist in the afore mentioned
plugins directory. These plugins are shipped as default with QGIS so it
would be great to have them consistent with the rest of QGIS.

Currently the plugin subdirs dont support theming properly - I will work
to resolve this over the weekend.

Regarding the theme name I would prefer to call it 'gis' not 'gis-1' as
it will be version controlled under svn - you can submit improvements as
and when you make them and we will update the icon set accordingly.

I really like the GPS icon! And the other refinements e.g. clipboard and
zoom tool handle colours look great.

I guess if there was a last thing I would suggest is that for me the
move feature and move vertex icons still look out of place. The
rightwards pointing arrow for me doesnt suggest anything about what the
tool does.

Best regards

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services