[Qgis-developer] qgsAffine bugfix?

vatto mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:38:14 EST 2008

Hi everyone,
I've made an attempt to fix the bug with the extents. I changed the provider's
update to the vector layer update using :

QgsVectorLayer.startEditing()
QgsVectorLayer.moveVertex()
QgsVectorLayer.commitChanges()

The problem is: startEditing() isn't working well from my script. But it works
from the console. Now the user has to start editing by his own before
applying the affine transformation.

I think qgis still thinks the geometries are unchanged for extents purpose,
but when I reopen the file it looks ok. I think I've ran into this kind of
bug when editing too, so I don't know if it's my script's mistake or QGis'.
I've been able to reproduce it by editing any polygon in a newly created
layer. It's always with the wrong extent.

I've found a bug that when I call commitChanges(): the "Toggle Editing" button
looks like it's stiil editing, but it's not. I have to click the button again
and it starts working fine.

Are these new bugs or am I running into known issues? I can probably reproduce
the commitChanges() bug in a smaller script.

Maurício de Paulo