[Qgis-developer] geoprocessor object

vatto mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:25:55 EST 2008

Hi developers,
I was reading about python in ArcGIS and I found they use a geoprocessor class
as a parent to every python geoprocessing script. This helps to set standards
of input and output and makes it possible to write standard gui's based on
the types of each input and output.
I know we now have a good amount of plugins being written and I've been
thinking about how they could work better together. With inputs and outputs
standarized the processes can be linked like FME and ArcGIS' model builder.
Is there any plan inside qgis project to take this kind of step?
I know it's more a matter of patterns than of implementation.
I'd be glad to hear what you guys think about it.
Maurício de Paulo