[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 16 13:25:26 EST 2008

Otto Dassau ha scritto:
> Hi Tim,

>> Sponsors:
>> -------------
>>
>> We need to ensure any new sponsors have been added to SPONSORS in src.
>> If you are a sponsor of QGIS, please contact use if your name is not
>> mentioned in the help->about box and you would like it to be. Paolo
>> can you follow up this item and check it off on the release checklist
>> when you are done?

Page should be ready:
http://qgis.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html
Waiting for your comments.
Please note there are still a few questions unresolved:
- sponsorship levels; OSGeo levels are: 27/9/3k; I suggest adding a
bronze at 500; do we feel these are too high?
- how do we consider an organization (think of Kanton Solothurn and City
of Uster, our major contributors) when they do not provide money
directly, but hire a developer specifically for working on QGIS? Should
we establish an equivalence (e.g. one dev full time= platinum, one 50%
of time= gold, etc.), or just ignore it? I think there are strong points
with each approach.
- can we still say we are an all-volunteer project?
- do we have an active PayPal account to link to the page?
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *