[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 16 16:29:48 EST 2008

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> Personally I dont know how many people are going to drop 27k in our laps
>> - maybe we should just leave the numbers as they are and see what
>> happens though...

Tim,

I'd say it doesn't hurt to have a rarely used high category in a sponsorship
program. It gives organizations something to aim for, and you never know
when you will run into an organization that doesn't consider it unreasonable.

> The (only?) good thing of the 27/9/3 schema is that it follows the OSGeo
> pattern,

Don't forget that these levels have that cool 3-factoring coolness!

 > so we do not put QGIS on a lower leve than other projects.
> I do not think it'll be a problem not filling up a Platinum position. We
> can always change the levels for next year, especially if in accordance
> with other OSGeo projects.

I would also say it helps keep it clear what the levels mean when they
follow a consistent scheme between projects.

I have reviewed the page (at Tim's suggestion) and I think it looks good.
A few notes:

  * When there is a sponsorship page, it should be linked to.
  * I found it odd that the silver and bronze logo sizes are the same.
  * There is one place where GDAL was not replaced with QGIS.
  * "a way fro individuals" should be "a way for individuals".

Best regards,