[Qgis-developer] Re: QGIS 1.0.0 - Call for packaging

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Sun Dec 21 11:07:00 EST 2008

> Hi Borys
>
> I wish there was an easy way for me to say yes we can accommodate your
> request, but really we cant.

Tim,

I understand what is the freeze for and of course have no intention to use a
fait accompli while you're offline, so I can revert the change and beg
Packagers for including the corrected version off their own hand.

But you've clearly wrote about not yet commited change, while I commited it
tomorrow as early as it was possible, so reverting it would only increase the
inconsistency you've said. So I still don't know your decision...

> The release branch is only for packaging
> changes and any translation stuff you commit runs the risk of being
> selectively packaged which I think is worse than not being packaged at
> all.

It's MUCH better I think. Robert has made a great effort providing the
complete translation but unfortunatelly we have initially introduced some
ugly and unclear terms to a further investigation. All Polish documentation
will contain the corrected terms, so it's important to eliminate the ugly
ones from the LTS version.

Believe me I wouldn't raise this issue and make this mess if it hadn't really
critical! :) I know we all are busy enough.

> I did mention yesterday as being the release cut off date in my email
> dated Dec 14 2008 entitled 'QGIS 1.0 branched - please read to prepard
> for 1.0.0 release.'

Right, it was my fault :(