AW: [Qgis-developer] GPS plugin

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Mon Dec 22 16:34:47 EST 2008

Hi Magnus,

Regarding Georeferencer, we're mostly finished, the code is in our svn,
waiting to be put in Georeferencer or separate (Georeferencer-GDAL)
plugin, this needs to be decided sometime.

What we did for new Georefencer:
- integrated GDAL procedures for polynomials (1,2,3) and tps
transformation as possible choices;
- changed window layout, got rid of two windows, everything now fits
into one;
- some cosmetics and small improvements usability wise.

Some more info is here: http://gis-lab.info/qa/qgis-georef-new-eng.html

Regarding GPS, we are in planning phase, generally our plan was to
improve usability of the plugin to be able to load/save to GPS from
legend and some other stuff. No changes yet done. I planned to let the
list know what we'd like to do to be able to discuss.

Overall, I'm waiting to transition-to-release activity to settle and
holidays to pass. There is lots of drinking here around New Year, so you can guess what
kind of quality code might be produced ;)

--
Best regards,
 Maxim                          mailto:sim at gis-lab.info
 http://gis-lab.info