[Qgis-developer] please help me write a QGIS-PostGIS GUI in Python

tutey tutey at o2.pl
Fri Feb 1 08:15:53 EST 2008

Dnia 1 lutego 2008 13:26 "Alessandro Pasotti" <apasotti at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Hey, it's a pity I joined the list just yesterday, I'm also in the
> process of writing such plugin.
>
> Before making it a plugin I wanted to make it work standalone and I
> was half-way to do it when I decided to buy the PyQT book. Now I
> paused the development while I study python and QT.
>
> If you want I can send you the (GPL'd)  code I've written so far, the
> GUI is somewhat complete, the functionality is mostly missing.

Hi Allessandro

I have just (at last) got the "Add PostGIS Table(s)" menu start from a Python plugin. The code is in the attachment. I have modelled it after the Copyright plugin Python version from [1].

Now I have to make use of Barry's hints on how to assign the existing actions to buttons, then on to the new functionality. Working on the connestion selector now. Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have something to add/notice. I'd be glad to look at your code too.

[1]http://spatialserver.net:3001/python_plugins/list

Maciek