[Qgis-developer] custom attribute inserting/editing

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:09:47 EST 2008

2008/2/15, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Bud P. Bruegger <bud at comune.grosseto.it> wrote:
>  >  I am looking into the possibility of custom attribute editing, i.e.,
> >
>  >  So my questions are:
>  >  * is this feasible?
>

> Yes, I think so. If I understand correctly what you want is to show a
>  dialog for a feature which will show the fields with according
>  (customized) editing widgets.
>  With Qt there's no problem to create dialogs on the fly, for example
>  in GRASS plugin QGIS shows forms for GRASS modules in such way - the
>  definition of the form is always stored in an XML file which is read
>  and the form is created accordingly.
>

>  >  * is this something a python programmer without GUI experience can do
>  >  (i.e., I)?

Hi, if I understand correctly, you are saying that it is possible
right now to substitute the default attribute editing window (that
contains a simple table) whit a custom one written in pyQT, if yes,
how?

Typical use case 1: a user inserts a new postgis feature and a causotm
editing form is displayed instead of the default one
use case 2: using the identify tool on a postgis layer feature, to
display a custom form into which the user can view/edit the
attributes.

It would be really great if it were already possible.

Regards.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it