[Qgis-developer] Raster Development Wiki Page

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 15:53:46 EST 2008

Peter Ersts wrote:
> Tim and Frank,
>
> I started a new wiki page where we can keep a running list of
> modifications and their status, and users can see what mod are on the
> horizon:
>
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Raster_Development_Page
>
> Right now it is just a dump of a lot of smaller lists and a migration of
> outstanding things from the raster transparency page. The tasks there
> now need to be flushed out still and eventually prioritized.
>
> It would also be nice to get some feedback from the other developers
> regarding additional functionality that is desired or modification that
> need to happen.

Pete,

I have reviewed the page, but I haven't worked out how to edit it.

Regarding:

"Segfault protection at the start of each method - is the raster band valid"

The GDAL 1.5.0 C API includes NULL checking for dataset, band and other
objects, so this is not really necessary at the QGIS layer anymore.

"Store raster stats in a xml file so they are not recalculated each time
a layer is loaded."

GDAL has a mechanism for writing stuff like this to an associated .aux.xml
file and I would like to see us utilize this.  It *should* be automatic
if we are using GDAL 1.5. and the normal histogram/stats request methods
in GDAL. I'm happy to help with this aspect.

Best regards,