[Qgis-developer] Quick Print Plugin
tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 9 08:59:54 EST 2008
In the absence of any objections, Ill be committing my quick print
plugins to trunk. The changes are all localised to the new plugins so
we can easily remove it again if anyone has substantial objections.
The plugin seeks to cater for users who want to print a map with no
hassle, and does not seek to replace the mapcomposer plugin which is
aimed at advanced users. Since I hate wasting paper / cutting down
trees, I have made the quick print plugin output to pdf for digital
redistribution or optionally printing from pdf.
- fill in 3 fields, choose a pdf output file and get a pdf ready for printing
- field values are remembered between uses so in most cases you
simply click the plugin icon then press OK
- automatically scales label text and symbol sizes suitable for
printing and then scales them down again afterwards
- at the moment all options (page size Letter, output pdf, layout)
are fixed as I prefer to keep it extremely simple in this iteration.
- 300dpi output
- In the future it will be possible to refactor the plugin to support
simpled predefined layouts at different page sizes.
- autoincrementing filenames for when you want to produce a sequence of maps
- plugin ui: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2180468498/
- pdf output: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2180728202/
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
More information about the Qgis-developer