[Qgis-developer] Postgis layers won't reopen with modified display properties

icosa atropa icos.atropa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:41:25 EST 2008

Dear qgis devs,

I haven't been able to keep up with the list lately or build form
source - sorry if this has already been addressed.

Using the most recent ubuntu gutsy release of qgis (0.9.1), I get the
following replicable bug:

Adding postgis point and line layers works.  When I save the project
and reopen, everything reloads fine.

When I modify any display property of a postgis layer such as symbol
color or label, save the project, and reopen the project, then i get
the following error box with ok and cancel buttons.  Clicking either
button does not affect the outcome.

"Unable to open one or more project layers
Try to find missing layers?"

Once open, the modified layer is missing but all other layers load properly.

In the terminal, the only difference i can see between runs is:

bad run:
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
Warning: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted

good run:
Warning: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted

hope this helps!
christian