[Qgis-developer] Render speed

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Thu Jan 10 03:26:46 EST 2008

Marco Hugentobler wrote:

> Usually difficult is how to measure performance. Maybe we could publish some
> free benchmark datasets on the qgis website and put a timer into qgis code
> that outputs the rendering time on console. Then someone that does a
> performance improvement may communicate the rendering times for the benchmark
> datasets with/without improvement.

Good idea, I was thinking about using the test framework that we have
for running performance test. With the same computer system, the numbers
should be relevant before/after.

I propose Tim look into this after we got 0.9.2 out, start by
implementing tests that show the weakness *before* we do any changes.

Magnus