[Qgis-developer] Render speed

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:58:37 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 6:29 PM, Albert Cervera Areny <albert at sedifa.com> wrote:
> A Dijous 10 Gener 2008 11:29, Tim Sutton va escriure:
> >
> >  - prevent unneccessary rerendering of a scene by using composition
> > management (no idea if this is viable with QGraphicsScene though)
>
> I suggested this earlier by Martin said it wouldn't be possible if we want to
> keep the renderer without any dependencies on QtGui, so it can be used
> without an X server. Or maybe another layer could be added...

Just to clarify: QGIS core library depends on QtGui (since that module
contains all the stuff like QPainter, QImage etc.) but it is designed
that it can run without a running X server.

Composition manager can be implemented in QGIS gui library and could
use QGraphicsView facilities. We can do it by drawing each layer to
another graphics view item (instead of drawing them all to one item).

Martin