[Qgis-developer] How can I program a raster legend using PyQGIS?

René Estrella perro1255 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:45:36 EST 2008

Hi all.

I'm trying to program a kind of raster layer component using PyQGIS either
as a plugin or as a standalone application.  Which classes of QGIS API do
you recommend me to use?  Do you suggest me to use QgsColorTable in
conjunction with QgsRasterLayer to obtain the symbology of the raster layer
and display it in a QgsLegend?  Are there any other classes do I have to
know about for this purpose?  Aditionally, if you can direct me to a good
documentation resource to learning how to use PyQGIS (very
beginner-oriented) I would be very thankful to you.

René Estrella