[Qgis-developer] WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu Jan 24 09:55:02 EST 2008

Hi,

in WinGRASS Current Status (from GRASS wiki) I read as follows:

After compiling [GRASS] you should copy libxdr.dll, libproj.dll, libpng.dll, libgdal-1.dll and libz.dll.1.2.3 into the GRASS lib directory and all the GDAL and PROJ .exe files in the bin directory into the GRASS bin directory, and then you have a more or less self-contained GRASS distribution.

is that necessary even if I want to use grass only with grass plug-in in QGIS?

Thanks

PS: I'm building qgis+grass by myself on windows, creating my own msys enviroment; I'm also in contact with grass-dev list, and I think that some instructions in http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource should be fixed. What should I do?

Thanks

Marco