[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.2rc1 branched - call for packaging

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jan 28 23:28:36 EST 2008

Dear QGIS devs & packagers

Tonight I have branched 0.9.2rc1. It would be great if you can assist
by making packages for your preferred platform. The branch can be
checked out at:

svn co https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/branches/Release-0.9.2rc1 qgis-0.9.2rc1

Please do not commit anything to the branch except packaging related tweaks.

The release checklist at :

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklist0.9.2rc1

Has a list of people who have previously made packages. If you make a
package for 0.9.1rc1 please be so kind as to add the url to that wiki
page in the section provided so that we can gather all the url
packages in a systematic way. If you are able to make packages for
unlisted platforms / distros please let me know so that we can avoid
duplication of effort.

I would like to make the release announcement within the next week or
so, so it will be great to have all packages ready by then.

SVN Trunk is open again for general commits but please not that we are
aiming to do the 0.9.2 final release within a month or so (timetable
to be determined) and you should not make any major feature changes
without prior discussion with PSC and Dev list.

Many thanks to all the developers, testers, bug fixers, bug reporters,
document writers, translators and users that help to make QGIS a
reality.

Best regards

--
Tim Sutton