[Qgis-developer] CGAL in QGIS ?

Michaël Douchin michael.douchin at laposte.net
Wed Jan 30 09:50:41 EST 2008

Impressive indeed
For example, try (under windows) the demo of alpha shape (which we can
use to find concave hull of a set of points :
http://www.cgal.org/demo/alpha_shapes_2.zip)

I had the idea looking the pyrol tools plugin under OpenJump which
provide delaunay triangulation, iso lines, terrain modeling, etc.
(see : http://openjump.org/wiki/show/Plugins)

I think native function under qgis will be a big step (for those who do
not want to create grass vector layers from existing ones)
In the same direction, I "almost" finished a simple convex hull plugin
for qgis (using the python bindings).

I also posted before to ask the list about intersection functionnality
under qgis, and I think it is "simple" to develop a layer intersection
plugin too. My pbm : too many ideas and few time  :-)

For the CGAL implementation under qgis, I think it is above my skill now
(I tried to use the python binding in a console, import successfully the
dll, but could not see how to use the functions :-(

Regards
Kimaidou