[Qgis-developer] Couldn't load QGIS bindings.

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:17:34 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 5:41 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a new here, so first a big thank to all qgis developers!
>
> Now a small issue: I was happily using qgis compiled from svn one
> month ago on gutsy 64bit when today I did the following:
>

> cd /home/ale/dev/cpp/qgis/build
> cd ..
> svn up
> cd build
> make clean
> make
> sudo make install
>
> The build went fine, but now I see this message in a popup at startup:
>
> Couldn't load QGIS bindings.
> Python support will be disabled.
>
> From a pyton console this works fine:

Hi,

I don't understand this well... if QGIS says that it couldn't load
bindings, you can't open python console in it. Or are you referring to
python console run from shell?

> Please note that qgis python bindings were working fine with svn built
> just before christmas.
>
> Any hint?

Well, for me it works :)
Can you give some more details? like what installation path you use
for QGIS, what version of python (haven't you installed a newer
version recently?) etc.

Martin