[Qgis-developer] plugins

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Jul 7 19:57:04 EDT 2008

> If I understand the issues correctly, my envisaged scenario would be:
[...]

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. I would like to achieve this whole framework
done for 1.0 release.

> - QGIS ships with 1 or more python plugins which are installed to a
> read only location
> - if an upgrade becomes available, the upgrade is installed into the
> users ~/.qgis/etc dir

It's even much better than I've planned. Thanks.

> I think authors must be willing to demonstrate that they have paid due
> dilligence before we act as an enabler for distributing their
> software.

Of course. I see the unofficial repo as a kind of quarantine for testing. And
all the "quick" and underdone, but still useful plugins will just remain
there.

Regards,
B.