[Qgis-developer] New QGIS 0.11.0 Metis Windows Pre-Release Test Installer

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:05:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

thanks to Jurgen I finally solved the mistery of the missing python plugins.
I built a new pre-release test installer of Metis. Please test it, specially
the GPS importer that I cannot test by myself.

http://gigamaildownload.rossoalice.alice.it/download/download.aspx?AttachmentID=e8dbc97e-a0ae-48fe-9e2e-1696ec26cb4a&MessageID=5ac04c42-91e5-4d85-a1d7-225ab1e2ebd9

Let me tell about the changes introduced in this new binary release:

# Switched from the Windows XP based build environment to Windows Vista

# Added MSYS coreutils package (required by some GRASS modules and scripts)

# Added the Libjpeg (6b) library
# Added the JPEG support in Libtiff
# Added the JPEG support in GRASS
# Added the JPEG support in QGIS

# Libpng upgraded from (1.2.24) to (1.2.29)
# GSL upgraded from (1.9) to (1.11)
# GEOS upgraded from (2.2.3) to (3.0.0)
# PostgreSQL upgraded from (8.2.6) to (8.3.1)
# SQLite updated from (3.5.6) to (3.5.9)
# GDAL upgraded from (1.5.1) to (1.5.2) *

* with GEOS, Expat, PostgreSQL and SQLite support enabled

# Added AVCE00 (2.0.0) [avcexport.exe and avcimport.exe]
# Added E00compr (1.0.0) [e00conv.exe]
# Added GPSBabel (1.3.5) [gpsbabel.exe]

# Qt OpenSource libraries upgraded to (4.4.0)
# Python library upgraded to (2.5.2)
# SIP upgraded to (4.7.6)
# PyQt upgraded to (4.4.2)

# Redisegned the sample data download section of the installer
# Improved the installer adding the feature of automatically recognize if
and what release of GRASS is already installed on the system
# Improved the installer structure with the ability of automatically perform
upgrade, downgrade or repair installations

Hope you like it ;)
Regards,

Marco