[Qgis-developer] [SoC] SoC Report: Homerange analyses with QGIS

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Jul 19 04:16:35 EDT 2008

2008/7/18 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it>:

> I'm also thinking about documentation. What format is required to
> document Python plugins? Is there a template?
>
> I don't think many python plugins have any documentation beyond the 'about'
text!

Qgis' own documentation (from Help... Help Contents) is just some html in
the Qgis doc folder. What we could do is standardize on something like that
for plugins - have a doc folder in each plugin with an index.html file and
then whatever other documentation can be put and linked from there.

Carson Farmer's ftools plugin has an 'About' menu option that gives a dialog
with a 'Web' button that heads off to the internet to get the documentation
for fTools. This could be easily modified to get the documentation from
$MYPLUGINDIR/doc to avoid relying on a network connection.

Barry