[Qgis-developer] Plugin Installer

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 21 13:19:50 EDT 2008

Hi Borys

Great to hear the new plugin manager is ready! We just need to decide
how we are going to deal with shipping python plugins with QGIS. Some
issues:

 - where do we put it in svn tree
 - where do we install it to
 - assuming we install to a sys dir e.g. under /usr/... , do we plan
to mask out sys plugins if the same plugin is installes in users home
dir
 - assuming yes above, do we give version precedence to newer versions
regardless of location

Probably there are more issues we should also consider. Martin would
be the right person to manage this integration process but I'm not
sure when he will be back in hack mode.

regards

Tim

--