[Qgis-developer] Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????'

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Jul 27 17:02:27 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

On Fri, 25. Jul 2008 at 11:42:56 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Focus for the release (that I am aware of):
>  - complete port to Qt4 and remove Qt3Support dependencies (pretty
> much just GRASS) - Tim (may need help for the raster calculator)
>  - rewrite of labelling - Martin???
>  - merge of map composer branch - Marco
>  - menu overhaul - Tom
>  - final checkthrough of core and gui API
>  - merge of generica database access - Godofrodo (is this still on the
> table for 1.0?)
>  - complete update and editorial review of user manual (community team)
>  - complete update of QGIS web site (community team - is this doable
> to coincide with 1.0?)
>  - anything else (other than obviously bug fixing)??

I've started porting QGIS to the GEOS C-API this weekend.

QgsGeometry is almost done - except for
QgsGeometry::splitPolygonGeometry(), where cut edges are queried which
is currently not supported in the C-API.  I'll propose a patch to add
that to the C-API.

The WFS provider also uses the GEOS spatial index, that also has no
C-API.  We also have QgsSpatialIndex, which we could you for that or
propose another extension.   An other solution would be to add that to
the GEOS C-API, too.   Opinions?

BTW I ran across this issue, when packaging QGIS for OSGeo4W (along with
Qt4.4, sip, PyQt4 and GSL).  On Windows the GEOS C++ API is not
supported for as DLL and you're supposed to either switch to the C-API
or link the static library.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden