[Qgis-developer] CMake configure options for MinGW

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 31 16:11:29 EDT 2008

Hi Marco

2008/7/31 Marco Pasetti <marcopstt at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I re-send that message, because I fear that anyone has noticed it :)

Urf I meant to comment on that!

> I would like to introduce some changes into the CMake default configuration
> for MinGW, to reflect the "structure" of the QGIS_MSYS_Environment.zip I
> currently provide (see:
> http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis+grass/BuildFromSource.html#Quantum%20GIS).
> I always used CMake with its GUI, but I would like to learn how to write the
> config files (CMakeLists, right?) to let qgis be correctly configured with
> the current provided MSYS Environment, thus without the need of further
> CMake "lines hacking".
> Where can I find documentation about that?

Easiest is to look under the qgis/cmake dir and look at the examples
we have already created. Please note that I spent quite a bit of time
making a unified way to set dependencies using a $LIB_DIR environment
variable. In theory it should work for your msys environment and you
should need to do nothing more than do:

export LIB_DIR=/usr/local (or wherever you compiled all your dependencies to)
ccmake [options you fancy] ..
make install

For me it will be first prize if you can follow this paradigm of
setting a single LIB_DIR environment var to find all deps, though I
realise that may not work in all cases.

If you really cant see a way forward with that, I suggest adding msys
specific paths for your standard msys deps bundle into each
cmake/Find<foo>.cmake rule - just open a couple of files with a text
editor, the format is quite simple.

Regards

Tim
--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net