R: [Qgis-developer] GRASS Toolbox list view patch

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Sun Jun 1 12:51:10 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

>My feeling is to try to clean up the list filter and maybe and expand  all
>/ collaps all to the tree view, and ship 0.11.0 with both  available in the
>toolbox

perfect

>In the future we can try the more  sophisticated 'remember tree state' that
>you suggest.

good

>The main area that needs to be  addressed is GRASS support. I believe
>Jürgen has it kinda working but  I have not as yet figured out how to get
>the GRASS stuff built under  MSVC

yes, obviously; I don't know if Jurgen has built GRASS under MSVC yet. I
could figure out how to build it, even if it would require a lot of time.

>my feeling is if you can do MSVC release for 0.11.0

actually I would prefer to still release it with MSYS, mainly because I'm
very busy here (I must take the degree on September) and I'm not used to
work with MSVC (I installed and used it for some days on the previous
machine, but I didn't used it intensively)

> my  feeling is it performs better than the MSYS build (would be
> interesting to verify this though)

actually I don't know it, I would be very interesting to verify it (even if
I believe that there are no significant differences) :-)

All thet best,

Marco

PS: sorry for my poor presence on the project, but I'm under a storm here
(university + my job), I'm experiencing big pressures from my thesis teacher
and joining both GRASS and QGIS development team starts to be an hard thing
for my poor spare time :-(