[Qgis-developer] the new plugin installer

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:13:10 EDT 2008

2008/6/2 Borys Jurgiel <borys at wolf.most.org.pl>:
> Due to mistakes in the main repository, there is still a few
> untrue "uninstalled+orphan" pairs of items. Couldn't anybody apply my
> fixes...? :)

Let's wait a bit more :)

> There are some changes I'm going to do in this week:
> - faster refetching
> - enabling/disabling repositories
> - looking for updates on QGIS start
> - improved uninstalling (now file removing isn't fully recursive)
> - improved XML parsing (see Düster Horst's "python geoprocessing" mail)
> - reloading the upgraded plugin without need of QGIS restart (is this
> possible?)
> - storing the column order and other user preferences
> - face lifting (icons instead of string status indicators etc)
> - cleaning, commenting, language fixes etc

Nice list indeed!
That reloading of the upgraded plugin in fact should be implemented at
the level of PyQGIS support and not directly in the installer. It
requires some internal actions so leaving that task for pythonqgis
library seems to be a better option. I'll look into this and I'll let
you know how to do reloads directly from the installer.

Martin