[Qgis-developer] Python plugin development

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:25:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> I've also thought about this possibility. It would be great if there
>> was a list of repositories at some fixed URL under QGIS homepage, I
>> can think of a simple XML file. This sounds much better that parsing
>> the repos from wiki. Is this feasible?
>
> Yes you are right - parsing an xml will be better - although even with
> the wiki we could just attach an xml file to the repo list wiki page
> and then no need for screen scraping or managing user perms in the web
> dir file system. Either way is fine for me though.

I really don't like that wiki thing. List as a file on web server has
more advantages. And no need for managing permissions - it would be
completely sufficient if only server admins (e.g. you + Gary) had
access to modify the list of repositories... anyway they're not being
created everyday :)

Martin