AW: Re: [Qgis-developer] Release plans for QGIS 0.11.0 and on to 1.0

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed Jun 4 02:07:55 EDT 2008

At the moment I'm a little bit frightened about the release plans and
the backward compatibility of PyQgis.

We are starting to develop special Plugin applications for business
processes in our government now. In former times they were solved by
ArcView3 plugins. Thus for us it is an absolutely must to have long term
stability of the PyQgis API. It would be a worst case scenario to have
to redesign our plugins and applications due to changes of the PyQgis
API every release. Please be aware of this fact.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef