[Qgis-developer] The improved Plugin Installer is ready

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Jun 10 10:09:29 EDT 2008

> Right, that delay was something I've noticed in the previous version
> too. Doing that stuff in a thread would be great, but still it's very
> nice how does it work already.

But the previous version didn't fetch anything on QGIS startup...

I have a serious trouble with QThread - it's running only when PyQGIS is in
use. It means: I create and call QThread object, it runs while another
(non-threading) initial functions of my plugin are executed, then stops and
waits until any other python plugin is in use. Then it depends on the used
plugin: if I open any modal window, my thread runs continuously while it's
open. If I open non modal one, my thread can do only one step during opening
this window, and second step during closing it.

Maybe it's because this thread doesn't own any visible widget. Maybe I should
first create a notify widget, put in on the status bar and then call QThread
from that? I'll try to do it today.

> I'm going to commit your work soon to SVN.

Let me know before you do, today I'm implementing some bugfixes and
decorations without uploading to the repository one by one.