[Qgis-developer] Fwd: was Re: (QGIS) Jam Session 08 - re: was: [Qgis-community-team] Hackfest 2008 (and while the wiki is down)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jun 14 02:21:32 EDT 2008

Forwarded message from Andrea

Tim - thanks for proposing the new plan for the hackfest.

In the meantime I'd like to clarify what will happen in
Italy following the initial brainstorming on this event.

Whenever you make plans for a convenient transit through
Italy, we'll be glad to see if we can meet ;)

a) We (GFOSS.it/Italian OSGEO Chapter) are in any case going
to set up a small event towards the end of June.
This will be centered around the night of June 28 in Massa
Marittima (Southern Tuscany).

b) Following a tentative availability of 8 people, we
triggered our search for facilities with connectivity etc.
We did get a reply in terms of a facility, so we are going
to take advantage of this to gather developers (or other
folk) interested in doing some bug squashing, but also some
interaction with users, awareness raising etc.

c) As I mentioned in my previous e-mail, this IS NOT the
hackfest. It is a "jam session" - the hackfest will take
place wherever and whenever whoever takes up its
organization will suggest.

I would like to stress this, as from your reply it seemed
that the difference was not picked up in  my previous
message ;)

d) I am not subscribed to the qgis-developer mailing list,
and I am not sure if this message will be posted. If this is
the case, may I ask that you (Tim) or Anne forward this note
to the list, just so everybody is aware of the
clarification.

Regards, and happy coding.

Andrea - aka pibinko
http://www.pibinko.org

--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net