[Qgis-developer] Better Menus for QGIS 1.0

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jun 30 16:38:44 EDT 2008

Hi Tom

I agree the changes you suggest would take QGIS to a next level of
polish prior to a 1.0 release. On non mac platforms menus on dialogs
are atypical though and I would prefer to #ifdef that behaviour into
mac specific blocks. I think edge cases such as composer which stretch
the idea of being a dialog should be better addressed by embedding
them into the main window while hiding the map canvas and updating
toolbars and menus based on context. We could provide a menu item in
the view menu to switch between composer mode and map view mode. All
the other dialogs that I can think of off-hand should not require /
display menus on non mac platforms.

Regards

Tim