[Qgis-developer] Re: composer redesign branch

Steven Bell botsnlinux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:53:30 EST 2008

Just to clarify, QGraphicsScene by itself doesn't have any particular
units.  The composer treats scene units as millimeters, but I don't think
there's anything special about millimeters in particular.
I'm a little confused as to why you wouldn't put the units in QgsSymbol.  I
see it as an attribute just like size or color.  In theory, we might want a
uniqueValueRenderer which renders different objects with different scale
types.  This seems harder to do if a higher-level class is doing the
scaling.
Steven